The Friends of the Mamakating Library are grateful to local artisan John Platt for the donation of this beautiful, custom built guitar!
The drawing took place August 30th at 7:00 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Park during the Music in the Park concert. Proceeds from the sale of tickets will support art and music programs at the library.
- Traditional OM style and size
- Back and sides made with black walnut from Wurtsboro
- Top made with vintage Sitka spruce with Adirondack spruce bracing
- Neck cut from Honduran mahogany
- Fret board, bridge, binding and end piece made from Indian rosewood
- All inlays hand-cut sold abalone and gold mother-of-pearl
- Bone nut and saddle
- Gold Schaller enclosed machine tuners
- Nitrocellulose lacquer finish